“In 17th century rural China during the Ching Dynasty, Zombies roamed the land feeding on human flesh, a nasty habit that turned them into Vampires. Only a handful of skilled warriors dared to challenge these mystical demons of the night. This is their story.”
– Tsui Hark’s Vampire Hunters (2003)
“What do we study here?
“The way of the fist!”
“And what is that way?”
“Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy!”
– The Karate Kid (1984)
“There were many with him, and they laughed like you laugh now. Then it came from the shadows, and their laughter was drowned in blood. You can’t bargain with what is coming. You can’t reason with it. Because it isn’t a human being. It is a demon sent straight from Hell that will never stop until you are dead.”
– Ninja Assassin (2009)
Rumble in the Ruins is a player content expansion pack for Die Screaming. Like previous expansions that have now been consolidated, its contents will be added into the Player’s Guide to provide a single resource for players to use, and this update acts as a “what’s new” post as the game is continually supported.
Rumble in the Ruins adds the following new content:
- New tropes. The Cage Fighter, Guru, Magician, and Wrestler.
- New destiny: Champion. A heroic practitioner of the martial arts of the shaolin, shinobi, or questing knights.
- New destiny: Villain. The actual antagonist of the story, collecting macguffins and adopting other characters as their willing minions.
- New downward spiral: Archvillain. The supreme villain among villains.
- New downward spiral: Black Knight. The champion of darkness.
- New downward spiral: Deadly Venom. The traitor to the Shaolin Temple.
- New downward spiral: Killing Shadow. The supernaturally powerful ninja.
What Is Die Screaming?
Die Screaming is a love letter to horror cinema of the last four decades. Every game of Die Screaming begins with a supernatural apocalypse and characters based on classic horror tropes.
As the game progresses, the survivors learn that to fight marauding armies of aliens, demons, eldritch abominations, mutants, zombies, and even vengeful angels, they must in turn become monsters.
This product is produced by Bryan Rantala and is priced at $0.00
This is an affiliate post