The Star-Seekers were a group of heretical monks who stumbled upon traces of the Cthulhu Mythos lore centuries ago. It made them doubt the Christian God and try to understand and influence the world’s true nature. Their search ended successfully, but it turned out that cosmic revelations were too much for them…
A Greater Goal is a standalone scenario for Call of Cthulhu 7th edition. By default it’s set in the Roaring Twenties, anywhere around the world, and can be played over the course of one session. Inside you’ll find:
- A nonlinear plot portraying an investigation into the Star-Seekers’s secrets;
- A detailed description of key locations and Non-Player Characters including suggestions of scenes and threats;
- Two general hooks able to drag any investigator party into this story, followed by three more personal ones;
- Background information on Star-Seekers, heretics who tried to understand the true nature of the world, and on the results of their search;
- A link between this plot and Zgrozy’s most popular scenario: Shepherd of Moths, our trilingual gold-electrum-copper bestseller.
To run this scenario as a one-shot you can use our Investigator Archetypes for Zgrozy, available here as a pay-what-you-want product.
A Greater Goal is the eighth English release in the Zgrozy line. To find out more visit our Facebook page (/ZgrozyEN) or see our other English releases. Further releases will follow soon. “Zgrozy” is a slightly archaic Polish word for “Horrors” or “Terrors.” Following advice from English-speaking Cthulhu fans, we decided to keep the original title for foreign releases since it sounds suitably unspeakable and blasphemous to non-Polish ears.
By buying A Greater Goal, you’ll receive a full-color version of the scenario and a printer-friendly version without graphic elements, both of which come in two different formats to help ensure ease of use and readability across multiple devices. The product also includes all the handouts from this scenario as separate .jpg files – they might be useful for online play. As a bonus you’ll also receive two audio files with the Polish pronunciation of the word “Zgrozy”, one of them calm and one slightly terrified.
This product is produced by Chaosium and is priced at $2.99
This is an affiliate post