Is the open ended approach of Rime of the Frostmaiden daunting to prepare for? Then stress no more! Below you will find a number of goodies that I am working on to prepare Rime of the Frostmaiden for my own campaign, with the goal to run it as open world as possible. The primary thing you will find is a Google Sheets document that functions as the Virtual GM Screen for Rime of the Frostmaiden.
- An Overview Page of the Ten-Towns with info on all the environmental hazards and unique activities to do in the Dale!
- A Travel Table (sourced from a few discussions in reddit.com/r/rimeofthefrostmaiden ) and a “System Map” of the Ten-Towns
- Quest Timings (WIP) A rundown of the quests from each chapter, the open world aspects of CH1 are done, CH2 is being currently worked on and the rest of the book remains to be completed
- Characters (WIP) a list of all the characters of the book with some basic information and notes, currently up part way CH2 complete
- Rumours and Tall Tales: The roll tables for each of the rumours and tall tales that start you off on quests
- Finally the Wilderness Encounters Table transcribed for ease of convenience, roll it all from just one tab!