Welcome dear reader to Hamund’s Harvesting Handbook Volume 3, written by your favorite harvesting mentor: Hamund Holderhek!
I do apologise for my prolonged absence and the delay in producing this entry in the Harvesting Handbook series. Unfortunately, several events befell me recently that prevented me from finishing this book in a timely manner. These events include, but are not limited to: abduction by the Demon Lords of the Abyss, foiling a Shadowfell incursion, going undercover into duergar society, investigating a spree of curious star spawn appearances, and a rather eventful tea time with a close acquaintance.
But the important thing is that the book is here now, and I must say that it is some of my finest work. Not only have I covered the gamut of newly discovered creatures to harvest, but my travels have brought me into contact with ancient artefacts, more people that need harvesting help, and several new schools of combat and magic that incorporate our venerable art into their practices.
I implore you to enjoy this labor of love, dear reader. The knowledge in this book has been compiled under very trying circumstances, but it is all worth it in the pursuit of furthering our beloved craft. Inside, you will learn how to strip a skulk, melt down a marut, and hollow out a howler! Learn how to craft the spoils of your hunts into powerful weapons, channel the power of fiend lords into artefacts, and even find how to incorporate harvesting into every aspect of your being. Ours is an ever-expanding field, and I am so incredibly grateful to be with you every step of the way.
Good luck and good harvesting,
– Sir Hamund Holderhek, O.B.H. (First Class), V.Ad., N.Ki.P.
P.S. Some of you may be wondering where I will go from here, considering the discovery of new monsters seems to have dried up recently. Well, without getting too far into it, I will mention that I have become very interested in herbalism as of late…
P.P.S. For more on my adventures, especially the tea time, see “Hamund’s Heroic Hardboileds I-XXIV.”
This is the follow-up to the ADAMANTINE and MITHRAL bestselling books Hamund’s Harvesting Handbook and Hamund’s Harvesting Handbook: Volume 2, covering the monsters featured in Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes. As before, this book aims to act as a handy reference for DM’s with loot hungry players that just want to carve up anything they have killed. This volume covers the monsters included in Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes, and as before, features a complete harvesting list for each monster, as well as over 130 new magical items to craft.
The rules for harvesting and crafting are unchanged, but this book does add a few more interesting pieces to add to your harvesting adventures. Premiering in this book are artifacts, new rules for the artificer class, and a new harvesting-based subclass for each of the original PHB classes.
Everything has been written with balance in mind, but you are of course feel free to rebalance anything in this guide to suit your own table, or feel free to message me at email@example.com or hit me up on Twitter @drifterworkshop to discuss anything in this guide.
- A loot table for every single monster in Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes, with flavourful descriptions of items that DM’s can use as plot hooks for small side quests and adventures.
- Over 130 new craftable magic items, made from the materials your players harvest from their kills. Also, a new artifact for each of the Demon Lords.
- A new set of pickpocket/trinket tables for humanoids.
- A quest board featuring every single monster from Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes, designed to be used by DM’s to make simple quests on the fly
- Rules for harvesting, crafting, special tools, and new proficiencies
- How to include artificers into these rules
- 12 new harvesting themed subclasses for each of the original classes: Path of the Blood Seeker, College of Trophy Hunters, Harvester Domain, Cycle of the Circle, Butcher Martial Archetype, Way of the Observed Form, Oath of Legacy, Fey Traper Archetype, Scavenger Archetype, Skin Wearer Origin, Pact of the Apex Predator, and School of the Magi-Zoologist.