Welcome to World Wide Wrestling: Second Edition! This award-winning game of professional wrestling action enables you to create your own professional wrestling franchise through play, showcasing satisfying and surprising storylines. It’s about feuds, championships, betrayal, and righteous victory. It’s about the clash of good and evil on the grandest stage. It’s about whether you’ve got what it takes. And, in the end, it’s about what the audience thinks of your efforts.
This Second Edition combines and refines all of the material published for the original game into one action-packed package!
Supports in-ring action, backstage drama and the development of pro wrestling storylines that tie them together.
Rules that create classic pro wrestling storylines while also allowing you room to subvert and invent your own.
Provides all the tools for players unfamiliar with the genre to participate, while supporting fans in playing out their favorite wrestling tropes.
Episodic play that accommodates irregular attendance and fluctuating group sizes.
Powered by the Apocalypse
World Wide Wrestling shared the Indie RPG Awards Indie Game of the Year 2015 award with Night Witches. It also won the Best Support 2015 award.
About the Second Edition
World Wide Wrestling: Second Edition combines all of the material from the original World Wide Wrestling RPG and the International Incident supplement into one streamlined, updated game that supports both quickly getting to the action and long-term dynamic exploration of the promotion around the wrestlers.
If you enjoyed the first edition, this is an evolution of everything you’re already familiar with. If you’re new to the game, this is the perfect time to check it out, with additional focus on onboarding new players and more support for the wrestling-curious to dive into what makes professional wrestling such an enduring art form.
The set of 15 core Gimmicks consolidates the most popular and interesting playbooks released for the first edition into one diverse roster of wrestling archetypes.
More support for in-ring storytelling, from revised Match Stipulations to visual play aids to more focused deep dives into wrestling psychology and how to bring that into your games.
Living Promotions add the Promotion as a character in your game, growing and changing along with the wrestlers.
12 example Living Promotions, giving pick-up-play settings from the bar-room to the international jet-set, along with over 60 wrestlers and staff to use for your own games.
Going on the road is now fully integrated into the rest of the game, adding support for playing out scenes between arena shows to explore the people behind the masks.
2 brand new essays, along with 7 revised essays from game designers and wrestling aficionados about wrestling, roleplaying and how the two work together.
… and more!
World Wide Wrestling is Powered by the Apocalypse. A simple 2d6+stat modifier system resolves the wrestlers iconic actions, like Working the Audience, Cutting a Promo and in-ring Wrestling. Play is mostly conversation, punctuated by occasional rolls and resolutions of the outcomes. The Gimmicks are broad templates customized by the player to suit their wrestling character, and characters advance over time by working matches with their biggest rivals, getting over with the audience and gaining Championships. Advancement comes in the form of raising stats, gaining valets or manager, gaining custom Moves and manouvers, changing Gimmick to evolve the character over time, and more.
- Supports large and small groups, irregular attendance, drop-in guest stars and one-shot play.
- Quick character generation based on wrestling archetypes.
- Play a single wrestling show in two hours, and then link shows together into an ongoing Season of play.
- In-ring action system channels your descriptive creativity to make engaging and entertaining matches.
- Rules support building and maintaining feuds, getting over, gaining more fans, changing Gimmicks over time, building tag teams and stables, moving behind the scenes, and much more!
- Text contains nine helpful short essays and interviews on professional wrestling, roleplaying and how the two interact.
- Built from the ground up to support both roleplayers who are into wrestling and wrestling fans who want to try this roleplaying thing out. This game is accessible to both hardcore and casual wrestling fans.
- Digital package contains screen-ready PDF, EPUB ebook, and home-printable Gimmick sheets and play aids in PDF.
This product is priced at $15.00
This is an affiliate post