This material was posted on patreon by Miska’s Sci-fi Maps
I’ve been working on modular maps for too long, but for a reason or another I have not been satisfied with the results or I’ve had to put them aside for some other reason. This is the first modular map section I’m actually happy with, but I will probably still make some improvements for the future sections. Small tweaks to usability mostly.
Once I have a few of these done, I’ll set up a separate list for these, but more about this later.
I decided to start with an Engine Room as I thought that besides the bridge that is one of the critical functions of a starship. This was supposed to be a 20×20 map at first, but I decided to give it more space and feel of a bigger ship by doubling the dimensions to 40×40. I’ll make a similar engine room later for smaller ships and a separate reactor core for capital ships and space stations.
I made a variant version for this and an unfurnished version (Adventurer+), and mirrored versions of all variants (Hero+)
Next up in the series there will be a generic corridor section(s) to connect engine rooms and other sections of the ship. I also have a sketch of a hydroponics and hangar bay sections laid out already.
BONUS CONTENT: This map comes with a looping ambient track by the talented Michael Ghelfi. You can check out his Patreon here. The track is included in the Adventurer and Hero map packs.
As a patron of Miska’s Maps, you can download your rewards from the links below.
- Map Pack links point to a zip file containing all variants included in your tier.
- Bonus Content links (when available) point to a zip file containing all bonus content like assets, audio tracks, tokens, and illustrations included with the map.
- PDF maps links point to separate zip files with PDF versions of the map.
- Dropbox link points to the Hero Rewards archive with a link to a Dropbox folder including all map variants, webp and PDF files, and any possible Mythos Maps variants when available.
- If you get an error message (e.g. “error 403”), please make sure that you are logged in to your Patreon account and subscribed to the tier you are trying to download.
- You can find some previews of different map variants after the download links.
Thank you for your support!
Download Your Rewards Here
This is an affiliate post