This is a collection of 100 different encounters to have in coastal regions, whether on beaches, headlands or in the seas close to land. Some encounters are most suited for characters travelling on land, others are most suited for those travelling by sea whilst some work equally well for both. The encounters can be used to enliven a journey and as a source of reward or danger, or as potential adventure hooks.
This PDF supports Adobe layers and the page backgrounds and images can be disabled to make printing easier.
Here are some sample results:
- Dead fish are scattered along the shoreline in droves. A foul, rotting smell rises from them, far worse than the ordinary scent of rotting fish (a DC 18 Fortitude save is required; failure results in being sickened for 2d4+4 minutes).
- Driftwood has been stacked into a huge pile, apparently with the intent of setting it alight. Judging by the moss that has built up on the wood (DC 10 Survival check), it has been standing there for some time.
- Eggs have been dug out from where they were buried in the sand and they have all been broken open.
- Emerging out of the sand is the curving wooden hull of a wrecked ship. Much of the ship has been destroyed by the waves, but some parts still remain under the sand.
- Flotsam and jetsam lies scattered on the beach far from the water’s edge. A careful examination (DC 12 Perception check or a DC 10 Survival check) reveals that this has been deposited far above the normal high tide line.
One page is the front cover, one the front matter, most of one is ads and one is the Open Game License.
The supplement is also available in the following versions: System neutral. You do not need all versions.
Click on an image to check out more Pathfinder material
More supplements for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Keep checking back to see if more are added
This product is priced at $1.49
This is an affiliate post