Strange New Worlds – Planetary Map – Bane (includes datasheet & plot hooks)
Have your players gone off course? Do you need some inspiration to kickstart their next mission? Then here’s a ready made planet to drop in their way, which is intended for use with any Sci Fi/Star Wars/Star Trek type roleplaying game.
This product is a map of a planet, that could be a point of interest in a solar system, a mystery to be solved, or a setting for an ongoing plot.
Bane is a gas giant, and so this product is a bit different from my other planets. I’ve created three separate maps representing different layers of atmosphere, as follows
- Upper atmosphere – the external view of the planet that would be seen by an approaching vessel. Storms of black cloud whip around the world, with linear upswells of vibrant colour from deeper within the planet.
- Mid atmosphere – after descending past the darker layers, a much more peaceful and bright environment appears. The upswells burst up towards the planet exterior.
- Core – descending further, there is increased pressure and temperature. The upswells are like giant waterfalls moving in reverse, bringing up energised particles from the rocky core lying beneath the mostly liquified gases.
These maps could also be used to represent other space phenomena, radioactive zones, badlands or similar.
This product is for 30” by 15” maps of the different layers of the planet, including the following variants of all the above (as full colour JPEG files)
- No Grid
- Hex Grid
- Square Grid
Each variant is available in the following sizes
- High resolution 9,000 by 4,500 pixels (suitable for printing at 300 dpi).
- VTT resolution 4,200 by 2,100 pixels (more suited for use in virtual tabletop platforms like Roll20, at 140 dpi).
- A datasheet that contains details of Bane, including atmosphere, temperature, gravity, description, distinguishing characteristics etc. Some of this information could be provided to your players if they carry out a sensor sweep of the planet, while the rest only revealed through exploration. The datasheet is provided as support for GMs, but feel free to ignore/amend any details if it would suit your campaign better!
- Several plot hooks are also provided to serve as inspiration for creating missions and adventures taking place on the planet.
- A small animation of the planet, as a spinning globe, to drop onto your VTT.
Product ID MTDV1006
For Non Commercial use only
If viewing this page on a mobile, product footers won’t be visible. Use desktop view to see these and/or click on my publisher link just under the product title above. You can also find me on Facebook
This item is priced at $ 1.50
This item is produced by Danger Vault
This is an affiliate post.