New Combat Actions for the Creatures in Dragon of Icespire Peak
Available Now on Roll20!
The bugbear chief nurses a gushing wound in her side before issuing an order of retreat to her allies. A bright light forms around the angel’s dying body, blinding everyone near it as it passes on from the world of the living. With blood streaming down its torso, an enraged hill giant slams its fists into the ground and causes the earth around it to quake.
Bloodied & Bruisedis a series providing new combat actions for the creatures in the 5e roster. When pushed to their limits in combat, these monsters, critters, fiends, and foes gain new abilities that aid them in battle, or perhaps spell their doom depending on the circumstances.Bloodied & Bruisedtakes inspiration from the “bloodied” condition from 4e, making entirely new combat actions that can completely change the nature of a fight.
In addition,Bloodied & Bruisedalso introduces several “death throes” to the game, marking the demise of certain creatures with a grand explosion, heavy fall, or other unique effect to make the slaying of a great monster a truly unique experience.
Examples of Bloodied Actions
Falcon the Hunter
When bloodied at56 HP,Falcon the Hunter has the following features.
- New Ability Disengage.While bloodied, Falcon can take the Disengage action as a bonus action.
- New Ability Point Blank Range.While bloodied, Falcon suffers no disadvantage on ranged attack rolls while within 5 feet of a hostile creature.
- Trigger Ability Tactical Retreat.When first bloodied, Falcon can use his reaction to move up to its speed without provoking opportunity attacks. He then makes one attack with his longbow.
Gorthok the Thunder Boar
When bloodied at36 HP, Gorthok the Thunder Boar has the following features.
- Ability Recharge Lightning Bolt.When first bloodied, Gorthok’s Lightning Bolt ability is recharged.
- Strength Made It Angry.While bloodied, Gorthok has advantage on saving throws against being charmed, frightened, knocked prone, and stunned.
- Trigger Ability Bullrush.When first bloodied, Gorthok can use its reaction to move up to 20 feet in a straight line without provoking opportunity attacks. Any creature standing in the way of this movement must succeed a DC 25 Dexterity saving throw or be knocked prone.
This product was made for Roll20. If you want the PDF version,click here.
Check out the rest of the Bloodied & Bruised series, available on Roll20
… and the bundleHEREfor 50% off ALL Roll20 Bloodied & Bruised volumes!
Roll20 Conversion by Jeff Stevens Games
Check Out Our Other Releases Below!
This item is priced at $0.95
This item is produced by Anne Gregersen
This is an affiliate post.