This is a collection of 100 different encounters that can be placed in a jungle – or, to be more up-to-date, a tropical rainforest. They are to a degree influenced by media portrayals of jungles, but the majority of the encounters should be easy to drop into most appropriate settings. These can be used as background, colour and potential adventure hooks. Some of the encounters are potentially hazardous in one way or another whilst others may prove to be useful. They include things, plants, creatures and sounds.
This PDF supports Adobe layers and the page backgrounds and images can be disabled to make printing easier.
Here are some sample results:
- Skunk – A skunk is stumbled across by surprise and it may well spray characters if they aren’t quick enough. The smell may attract some creatures, and repel others (an Average Survival roll to stop the skunk from spraying; an Average Dodging roll to avoid being sprayed if that fails).
- Smell – A strong smell of rotting meat will lead the characters to a cluster of very large pitcher plants, easily big enough to swallow small humanoids.
- Snake – A large snake is wrapped around a nearby branch, its tongue flickering in and out of its mouth as it raises its head to view those approaching. Whilst unaggressive, it is poisonous and will attack if threatened (make an Average Athletics roll to avoid being bitten by the snake and a Hard Endurance roll to avoid being affected by the poison if that is failed; failure of both results in gaining the Poisoned, PHQ condition).
- Snare – Leaf debris on the ground hides a rope loop that is intended to capture animals and jerk them into the air using a flexible nearby tree (make an Average Sense Danger roll to spot the snare; an Average Dodge roll to avoid being caught if it isn’t detected).
- Spider – A large spider, several inches across and with bright red bands on its legs and a red circle on its back, is in the centre of a large web stretching across the path.
One page is the front cover, one the front matter and half a page is ads.
Click on an image to check out other Lore 100 supplements
More supplements for the Lore 100 system
Keep checking back to see if more are added
This product is priced at $1.25
This is an affiliate post