Written primarily for players looking to add some additional flavor to their characters, this document provides rules for joining trade guilds and downtime activities for guild work. These rules take a slightly different approach to guilds and are designed to be a low-maintenance activity, require little DM oversight, and provide a clear difference to factions and other nontrade ‘guilds’ such thieves guilds. This document is divided into three sections:
Section 1: General Information
- Calendar. This includes clarification of the treatment of weeks, workweeks, and tendays.
- Downtime Sources. This includes ways characters obtain downtime.
- Downtime Guild Work Income. This includes some clarifications on guild work rules.
Section 2: The Guilds
- Guild Characteristics. This section provides some general details about guilds in Waterdeep and how to join them.
- Artisan Guilds. These guilds cover traditional crafting and artistic jobs such as armorers, carpenters, musicians, etc.
- Labor Guilds. These guilds focus on more mundane labor-oriented tasks such as dungsweeping and laundering.
- Owners Guilds. These guilds are for the owners of industries and properties such as innkeepers, mariners, etc.
- Broker Guilds. These guilds focus on buying from suppliers outside the city and selling to businesses inside the city at wholesale prices.
- Other Guilds. These are other guilds that don’t easily fit into other categories.
Section 3: Character Options
- Downtime Activity. This includes a new downtime activity, dumpcart diving, which any character can do.
This product is priced at $0.00
This is an affiliate post