This is a collection of 100 different encounters that can be placed in a jungle – or, to be more up-to-date, a tropical rainforest. They are to a degree influenced by media portrayals of jungles, but the majority of the encounters should be easy to drop into most appropriate settings. These can be used as background, colour and potential adventure hooks. Some of the encounters are potentially hazardous in one way or another whilst others may prove to be useful. They include things, plants, creatures and sounds.
This PDF supports Adobe layers and the page backgrounds and images can be disabled to make printing easier.
Here are some sample results:
- Dry Area – This area of the jungle is dead and dry. The plants and trees are withered and the smaller ones are crumbling. The resultant damage means the area is open to the sky and the air is filled with dust from the dry soil.
- Farm – The ground is clearer here, with no trees only stumps, and the area is open to the air. Small plants cover the ground and some appear to be in regular lines. An overgrown lump in the centre of the cleared area is a collapsed wooden building, a farm house for the area cleared was a farm. Some of the plants are the wild remains of domesticated species that were being grown (an Outdoor (Logic) roll with +2 to forage for supplies). No sign of the former residents can be found.
- Flash Flood – A large storm can be heard in the distance. Some minutes later, the path the characters are one may be revealed to be an empty riverbed along which a flash flood is now coming, caused by the distant rains. The flood can easily knock creatures off their feet, carting them downriver along with various debris.
- Frogs – Many small, brightly coloured frogs dot the marshy ground below the trees, croaking in chorus. The skin of the frogs has glands under it that exude a poison that is very dangerous to touch (any creature that touches a frog with their bare hands is exposed to a mild poison that works by contact and must make an Athletic (Endurance) roll with -1 or take damage).
- Fungi – The ground between the trees is damp and muddy. Growing all across the jungle floor here are many different species of fungi. Passing through them will cause clouds of spores to be puffed into the air.
One page is the front cover, one the front matter, 3/4 of a page is ads and one is the Open Game License.
Click on an image to check out other 3Deep supplements
More 3Deep compatible supplements
Keep checking back to see if more are added
This product is priced at $1.25
This is an affiliate post