Deserts are mysterious and sometimes deadly places to traverse, with heat and lack of water combining to kill the unwary. This supplement has 100 different encounters that a GameMaster can use to liven up a desert journey, or perhaps make it even more dangerous. Some are interesting, some may lead to new places and some will be harmful to the unwary. The different encounters have been strongly influenced by Ancient Egypt, with lost pharaohs and hidden tombs, with an element of Arabia, but are suitable more most fantasy desert.
This PDF supports Adobe layers and the page backgrounds and images can be disabled to make printing easier.
Here are some sample results:
- Huge bone ribs partially protrude from the sand, with the rest of the creature buried beneath. Excavation will uncover the rest of the creature, and it can be identified as the skeletal remains of a whale (an Outdoor (Logic) roll to confirm), many hundreds of miles from the nearest sea.
- In a circle 100′ in diameter the fire is blackened and charred. The area appears to have been exposed to a lot of heat, although not enough to melt the sand into glass.
- In the sand is an alabaster scroll case. If it is opened, it contains a papyrus scroll. The scroll is ancient, fragile and covered with hieroglyphs. If they can be read (a Communications (Logic) roll with -4), they seem to give the directions to a long-lost pharaonic tomb.
- Large sigils have been scribed into the surface of the sand, each many feet across. The sigils appear to be written in a circle, although nothing appears to be in its centre. Given the wind, the sigils cannot have been written very long ago, no more than a day, otherwise they would have been erased.
- Lightning strikes several times at the ground in the distance. Thunder is heard shortly afterwards, although no sign of clouds can be seen.
One page is the front cover, one the front matter, one is ads and one the Open Game License.
Click on an image to check out other 3Deep supplements
More 3Deep compatible supplements
Keep checking back to see if more are added
This product is priced at $1.25
This is an affiliate post