Goblin Bathwater, a magical drug, has taken hold in a sleepy coastal town at the edge of the Empire. As the characters investigate the origin of the drug, they uncover an international criminal conspiracy, wild and ancient magic, and a threat to reality itself.
This beautifully made, 54-page adventure offers:
- A fully fleshed out, setting-agnostic starter area, brimming with colourful NPCs and hooks for adventure.
- Balanced encounters to bring characters to level 2; then some more devious encounters on their way to level 3.
- Three mini-dungeons built on the design philosophy of the “5 room dungeon method”
- Multiple big, cinematic set-piece boss encounters that will make your players feel epic.
- A facetted intrigue, which does not immediately suggest a simple, ready-made solution but invites the players to come up with their own, personal approach.
Why pick this adventure?
Hey, my name is Marius. This is my first time publishing on the DMs Guild but I wouldn’t call myself a newcomer. I started playing Pathfinder 1e back in 2014. When I took over as our group’s DM in 2019, we swapped over to 5e. We have run many, many modules and adventures since. Currently I play three games a week. In short: You could say I’m hooked. I created The Goblin Bathwater Incident as the ideal adventure for in-between your big modules, but it isn’t a simple little adventure. With a playtime of about 30 hours, it still manages to hit that sweet-spot, where it establishes context, makes you grow fond of NPCs, and makes those big bossfight wins so much sweeter, all without taking more than a few sessions. The Goblin Bathwater Incident is different from many of the 1st tier adventures in that it pits the characters against traps and monsters, but also asks difficult, open-ended ethical questions, where a simple strategy of “apply sword to head of bad guy” will not cut it.
This product is priced at $7.95
This is an affiliate post